1. Target of the Center
1. Necessity of Energy Infrastructure Research
1) Research issues of the energy utilization
Currently, there are two major national challenges that our country faces: increase of fossil fuel import costs and decrease of energy self-sufficiency rate. In order to achieve a stable supply of energy green innovation is a solution. In order to solve these problems, the following two issues should be considered.
- Best balance between renewable energy and conventional fossil fuel energy.
- Development of integrated technology that ensure efficient utilization of energy resources in the society.
2) Importance of Energy Infrastructure Technology
It is necessary to move our point of interest from efficiently producing energy to waste-free using the energy. The following two integrated technologies are important.
- Interdisciplinary approaches of electricity and thermal storages, thermoelectric and photoelectric conversions, advanced materials, devices, and systems for energy-saving.
- Practical technology for use of renewable energy.